Modeled after Skewed Visions’ structure of artists working side-by-side, 3PLAY is a shared evening presentation of short works, fresh from a mini-residency at Fresh Oysters, by 3 artists from a variety of disciplines.
In the spirit of Skewed Visions, 3PLAY conscientiously invites audiences to be in the middle of artistic experimentation.
What is Happening
3PLAY is a presentation of three unique voices, built on interdisciplinary juxtaposition, serendipity, and discovery.
3PLAY commits to:
- the path, not the result, because art is not a product
- outlandish visions because no one else is qualified to experience art as you do
- tension, because life is made of complex relations and to simplify them is to betray life
- change because the only things that don’t change are dead
- these notions because the alternative turns you into a stone or a monster.
3PLAY IS CURRENTLY ON PANDEMIC HOLD
April 23 & 24, 2020 – Jaffa Aharonov, Jules Bither & Claire King, Dolo McComb POSTPONED
August 2020 – Nooshin Hakim Javadi & Safa Sarvestani, Eben Kowler, Marggie Ogas POSTPONED